.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

50th Wedding Anniversary

Today actually marked the 50th wedding anniversary for my grandparents!--Nana & Papaw.  On Saturday night all the "adults" in the family got together & ate dinner at the Red Apple Inn in Heber Springs.  I had never been before, & this is where my parents went on their honey moon, so I was glad to get to finally go!  It reminded me a lot of Big Cedar Lodge in Branson, MO.  
 {Nana & Papaw with the engraved platter we got them}
 {Shirley & Larry...Papaw's sister's kids from FL}
 {Nana, her SIL & my mom...their oldest daughter}
 {Linda Sue & Bunky...their son}
 {Mitch & Naynee...their youngest daughter & my dad thrown in there!  :P}
 {My parents!}
Afterwards we went back to the room & Papaw thanked us & gave such a sweet little speech.  He said he had once thought that he was most proud of the fact that all his kids had graduated from college, but now it is the fact that they have all grown up to be responsible husbands & wives, & mothers & fathers. It was so sweet to hear.  We then sat around listening to old stories of things that happened while my mom & her siblings grew up.  I have never wished I had another sibling before, until that night.  Oh well...I'm happy with the brother I have!  =)

Happy Anniversary to Nana & Papaw!  We love y'all & I aspire to have a marriage that lasts that long one day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!