.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Thursday, December 22, 2011

if he wants you...

I wish I could take full credit for this...but I can't.  My middle school yearbook teacher posted it on FB & I clicked over to read it which I normally don't do & I'm glad I did.

Even though I've only really "dated" one person my whole life I feel like I learned a lot from that one relationship.  I learned to think more about myself most importantly.  People often times come to me for advice & I wonder why, after how my relationship & marriage turned out, but I do believe that I have a lot of good things to say & advice to give, when I never thought I really would.  No, I don't have everything figured out, but by making mistakes yourself, you learn SO much more...& I have a "story" that I learned so much from.

Every day & every new relationship I encounter, new things that I "learned" in my passed relationship is brought to my attention & I am so thankful for that because I definitely don't want to make those same mistakes again.  I still have to deal with things because of the mistakes I made, but I know that I was put in that position for a reason & am truly a better person because of it.  I think that because of what I've been through, I'm a better mom & I will one day be a better wife because of it--& I am thankful for that.

It's easy to look at the bad & be bitter about things & how your "life didn't turn out the way you thought it would", but I just try to look at the good that did come out of it & stay positive, & like I said...learn from my mistakes!  I believe that that is what I've done & I strive everyday to be a better person because of what I've been through.

Now...if your a girl.  A single girl.  READ THIS!!  It is all so true!  A lot of the things I've thought about before & realized, or even repeated to my friends--which is why it struck home so much to me--& then some of it is new stuff I hadn't ever though about before & am now glad it was brought to my attention!  I saved it on my computer, & I think reading it over & over will drill these thoughts & ways in my head to prepare me for future relationships-what to look for, & what to look out for!



If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay.
Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.
Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.
Stop trying to change yourselves for a relationship that’s not meant to be.
                                                                    Slower is better.


Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.
If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve
then heck no, you can’t "be friends."
A friend wouldn’t mistreat a friend.
Don’t settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
Don’t stay because you think "it will get better." You’ll be mad at yourself
a year later for staying when things are not better.
The only person you can control in a relationship is you.

Avoid men who’ve got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women.
He didn’t marry them when he got them pregnant,
Why would he treat you any differently?
Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you.
If something bothers you, speak up.
                                  Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.


You cannot change a man’s behavior. Change comes from within.
Don’t EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...even if he has
more education or in a better job. Do not make him into a quasi-god.
He is a man, nothing more nothing less.
Never let a man define who you are.
Never borrow someone else’s man.
Oh Lord!  If he cheated with you, he’ll cheat on you.
A man will only treat you the way you allow him to treat you.


All men are not dogs.
You should not be the one doing all the bending...compromise is a two-way street.
You need time to heal between relationships...There is nothing cute about
baggage. Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.
You should never look for someone to complete you. A relationship consists
of two whole individuals. Look for someone complimentary, not supplementary.
Dating is fun; even if he doesn’t turn out to be Mr. Right.
Make him miss you sometimes. When a man always know where you are, and you’re
always readily available to him—he takes it for granted.
Don’t fully commit to a man who doesn’t give you everything that you need.
Keep him in your radar but get to know others.
Share this with other ladies.
You’ll make someone smile, another rethink her choices, and another woman prepare.
They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate
them, a day to love them, and an entire lifetime to forget them.

I hope you can take this to heart & even share it with your friends & the ones you love!

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!