.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hearty Chicken {tequilla} Soup!


Ingredients:
(PS...I didn't use any tequilla just makes for a funny name! :P)

1 small onion, cut into wedges

1 cup frozen corn {I used the whole bag!}

2 cans RoTel

2 spoon fulls of minced garlic

4-5 chicken breast, cooked & shredded

2 cups of chicken broth

shredded cheese, sour green & chopped green onions for garnish

No step-by-step picture instructions... :(

Boil your chicken breasts.

While the chicken is cooking, cut up onions into wedges & place at the bottom of the crock pot.

Pour in your bag of corn & the two cans of RoTel, along with the garlic.

When chicken is finished cooking, let it cook & then shred.  Place chicken in the crock pot as well & pour chicken broth on top.

Let cook on low for 8-9 hours.  Less would be fine...it looks really watery for soup, but it's actually delish!

(I am not a fan of cooking raw chicken in the crock pot, but you can put raw chicken breast in crock pot, remove after 9 hours, shred, & return to crock pot ready to eat...just not how I do it!)
This was a surprisingly filly meal & I only had one bowl!  I'm already looking forward to having the leftovers tomorrow for lunch!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!