.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Swimmin' Lessons

R took swimming lessons for two weeks earlier this summer at the same place he takes gymnastics.  We had never done lessons before, because I wanted him to be old enough to actually get something out of it.  

I would pick him up from school after nap and then we would head to lessons.  We'd get there a little early and we always played on the fun playground outside by the pool.  He's been begging to play on it since it went up a couple months ago--so I was glad we got some play time on it!



Loving this sunscreen I picked up!  It smells SOOO good--not "sunscreeny" at all!


Back stroke!

His favorite part of the day every day!

We had a fairly good experience...but I never actually saw them let him try to "swim"--it was all about skills, which are important, but that wasn't thepurpose of a TWO WEEK LONG swimming lesson!  & then when they told us he needed to come back for another two week session THIS SUMMER in the SAME class--he'd be able to swim.  Umm...no thank you.  We will work on the skills that he learned at our own time for FREE.  Very much a money maker {trying to get you to go to more than one session a summer?!} which didn't make me very happy, and I know I'm not the only one who felt that way by the end of the two weeks.

Thankful for the experience though! =)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!