.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

my {one} piece of motherly advice

I'm not usually one to give motherly advice.  Granted, I've only had one kid too...but there is one piece of advice that I took and followed through with, that I want to share with every Mama, Mama to-be, Mama to-be-one-day out there!!  I am lucky enough to have an aunt who has seven kids {YES, SEVEN!} and she gifted me with this book before I had R.  If I was going to listen to anyone about how to get a child to sleep through the night...it was going to be her!

You always hear new moms complaining about their newborn waking in the middle of the night to eat, play, or just to hang out!  That is probably one of the hardest things you have to deal with when you have a newborn...we all need our sleep!  But wouldn't it be nice to know how to get them to sleep through the night by before they are 12 weeks old?!  HECK YES!!

{ENTER Babywise}



It is a type of "sleep training" for newborns in which you have them follow a schedule of sleep time, feed time and wake time (in that order).  This creates a routine for newborns and allows them to learn what is coming next within their day (and night).

Following Babywise, R was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks.  There is some question about a newborn sleeping through the night and not getting their nightly feedings, but that is up to you and your provider.  There were times early on when he wasn't gaining weight and I did have to wake him to feed him, but it was so nice when he didn't need those feedings and was already "trained" to sleep right through the night.  (We're talking 10 PMish--7 AMish)

I personally have never talked to any other moms that followed Babywise that told me Babywise didn't work for them (even though I could be wrong...I JUST HAVEN'T TALKED TO THEM!)  I know Mama Laughlin used it with both of her boys and swears by it as well.

This is not only great for working moms (who have to go back to work around 8 weeks) but also SAHMs!--Who doesn't want a solid nights rest!?

You can find the book on Amazon, or WM.com for less than $10 and I am here to tell you--it will be your best investment!

I don't say all this to sound bossy, or like I know everything BECAUSE I SURELY DON'T.  I make failures every day when raising, talking to, and disciplining R!  But I know it worked for US and it can work for YOU too!

If you've used it...let me know if it worked for you, or if it didn't!

If you plan on using it or want to know more about it from a first hand experience, feel free to e mail me and I'd be happy to answer any of your questions!

Happy Wednesday friends!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!