.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Saturday, November 22, 2014

national hair donation day

Today is National Hair Donation Day!  I thought I would celebrate, since I've donated my hair twice now...and one of those times being here recently!  Both time I've been a random spur of the moment type thing...I was growing it out to donate, but I didn't have a date or length set.  I just knew I would be ready when I was ready--and that's how it happened!  
The first time I did it was in the summer of 2008.  This was the summer after my Freshmen year of college.  I hate to admit, but I'm pretty sure I had gotten in a fight with my boyfriend and he liked my long hair, so that's why I went and cut if off!  [BAD, I know! :P] 

At the pool with Whitters the day I got it cut!  It was a great summer do and change!!

After the pony tail dried...and I was about to mail it off!

This time...I just went in for a cut.  I wanted a few inches off, but I knew I didn't have enough to donate yet...and I didn't want to go super short, just to be able to donate.  But when I told Jennifer where I wanted it cut, she was like "Kati, you have more than enough to donate!"  So we got out the tape measure and she was right!  I guess I had no idea how long my hair really was!  

This time she used a buzzer instead of scissors...she said it gets the job done a lot quicker...because my hair is so thick, and she was right!
I had to "re-learn" how to fix and take care of short hair!  It was an adjustment for sure.  This is what I sent all my friends the day I cut it.  Haha!
This was after a few weeks...when I had finally figured out what I was doing again!  

I highly suggest donating your hair.  It's such an easy and almost effortless thing to do--and it's just hair!!  It will grow back!  I will probably keep my hair short for a while and then be back at growing it out again.  

I always use Locks of Love, but there are plenty of other places that take donations as well.  You can find their Rules and Guidelines for donations HERE.   
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!