.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Monday, June 27, 2011

Papa John-

A year ago today, Heaven gained another angel.  That was my sweet Papa John.  It's hard to believe it's been a whole year.  I'll never forget that day.  We had gone out to lunch after church as usualy, & dad didn't have his phone with him because "he shouldn't need to talk to anybody during church."  Mom & Dad headed up to see Papa John at the house where he lived a few minutes down the road.  When they got there he had already passed & no one had been able to get a hold of dad to let him know.  I took my parents a good 3-4 hours to come home, & I recall wondering what was taking them so long, but dad came in & told us.  It was just so unexpected.  Yes, he was old, but nothing bad had been going on & he had been up & down, up & down good & bad roads numerous times over the years, and this happened to be a good time where nothing in particular was going wrong.

It also happened to be the day before I went to court to fight for custody of my child.  It was just ALOT going on for me & my family.  I was also in summer school & having to deal with all that.

We miss Papa John, but know he is happy where he is!  When ever I think about him, I am just so glad that he got to meet my little man & my little man got to meet him!

Photobucket

1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!