.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup



Ingredients:

3 cans petite diced tomatoes

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 stick of butter

14 fresh basil leaves

4 cups tomato juice

salt & pepper for taste (even though I didn't need it)

I also added 1/4 bag of frozen diced onions

Dump your cans of tomatoes & tomato juice into large pan (I used a large sauce pan, but a big soup or stock pan would be great)
Cook on Med-Hi for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
When that's cooking chop or tear up your basil leaves (I took the stems off the ends).

The tomato mixtures should soon be bubbling in the middle...
When tomato mixture is finished cooking, add the basil leaves & puree the mixture in a blender.  I had to do it twice because my blinder wasn't large enough.  A hand blender would be great to use inside the pan if you have one!
Return the pureed mixture back to your pan & keep on low heat.
Stir in your melted butter & heavy whipping cream.  I used a wisk to get things going!  Stir until all fully mixed together...& you are ready to serve!

If it needs be, add salt & pepper for taste!  Great with saltine crackers or even a yummy grill cheese!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!