.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Saturday, March 30, 2013

His Love...

Have you ever felt like you were being called to share so much, that it was just too overwhelming, so you didn't share anything at all?  That's been me this week while doing the #shereadstruth Holy Week study.  

I have been longing to write and knew I was supposed to, but didn't know if I could get it all to come out right, or if I could even make any sense.  My heart and soul have been learning so much and it makes me so happy, that I wanted to share it with you and I wanted to get it out for myself, to help me try and process it all again.  And so that the knowledge and wisdom sticks with me even more than from before.  So here we go.

Yesterday was Good Friday.  Easily, the most bittersweet day of the year.  The day our Lord Jesus died for our sins.  Not His and our sins, but OUR sins alone.  Who does that?  ONLY OUR JESUS!  We've all heard it before, but have your really thought about it?  He wasn't just getting up there and dying for Himself and saying, "Oh, might as well die for y'all's sins too since I'm already doing it for myself."  No.  He solely did it for us.  His children. 

Isaiah 53:5 tells us"He was pierced for our transgressions and He was crushed for our inequities." 

I went ahead and looked up transgressions and inequities after reading this verse and found...
transgressions-violation of law
inequities-immoral or grossly unfair behavior

This gives us a better idea of the terrible things, that are ours, that He died for--our sins.  We have to remember that Jesus hadn't done anything wrong!  NOT.ONE.THING!--and here He was dying on the cross--for OUR sins!  AMAZING!  

"The sinless servant of the Lord offered Himself for our sins" --NIV Life Application Bible

"We become righteous, not by our own works, but by the Messiah's great work on the cross."  --NIV Life Application Bible

This really stood out to me because so many people belief that we are saved by our "good works" here on earth, but that's not the case.  He already did all of the great work that needs to be done...and by Him doing that, we become righteous, meaning our lives full of sin have been stripped away and we are clothed in His goodness.  But we must also accept and claim Him as our Savior and Lord, the one, righteous Savior.

Isaiah 53:7 says, "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth."

He did not open his mouth.  WOW-is all I can say!  I am truly in awe that someone being put through the things He was being put through, and he didn't utter a word!  I know that was something I always had trouble with as a child (and some may say that about me even now... ;) )... and we can't even fathom what Jesus was being put through, yet He didn't complain, He didn't fight back, He did not open his mouth.  Once again, truly amazed at our Loving Lord and all He has done.

John 19:30 tells us, "When he had received the drink, Jesus said, 'It is finished.'  With that He bowed His head and gave up His spirit."

It is finished.  Paid in full.  The full penalty of our sins.  

Up until this point, sin had always separated people from God and the only way that they could be forgiven for that sin and come clean with God, was through a sacrifice of an animal.  Through Jesus' death, the sacrificial system ended because Jesus took all the sin upon himself.  He was the final and ultimate sacrifice!  

Because of what Jesus did, we can now freely approach God--and for those who chose to believe in Jesus' death and resurrection can live eternally with God and escape that penalty that comes from our sinful lives.  

But, we must believe.

I am thankful to be able to say that this Easter has more meaning to me that it ever has in the past.  I have learned more, studied more, cared more, and tried to fathom more than ever before.  Growing up this story was just part of the story and I never really realized that it meant my life--my eternal life--and without this story it there would be no eternal life.  That's why I wanted to share what I've been opened up to over the past week.  Yes, it's the same ole story--but there is so much too it and I just want to soak it all up, like I can't get it enough!  It is good stuff!

I want to thank She Reads Truth for being such a great community of woman providing us with such great, in-depth, life changing devotionals for free!!  I've been part of the community since last June, and have two journals filled with things I have learned or been touched by  during these studies and love going back and looking at all the things I have learned and grown from.  If you are looking for a devotional to do on your own time throughout the day, but still want to have people to talk to about it, then this is your place!  Feel free to leave a comment if you have other questions, I'd be happy to answer them!  We should be starting up a new plan on Monday!

I will be hesitant to hit "publish" because I am no expert in this area...but I wanted to share this with my readers.  If it changes just one person's life, then I will have done my part.  It has been on my heart to share for two days now and I am finally saying, "Yes, Lord."

Thank you for reading and Happy Easter! =)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I think this is great, Kati! I loved reading all of your insights. I tried to make this Easter more meaningful as well. And since I don't read this Bible study, it helped add some new perspectives for me. Thank you for being willing to share! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!