.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Monday, May 17, 2010

In One Year...

Yesterday was Senior Recognition Sunday at church.  That means, one year from now it will be my LITTLE brother up there, Uncle G to Ryder.

It is so hard for me to believe because 3 short years ago it was me, and that is actually a time in my life that I can vividly remember.  I remember a lot of things because of pictures--but I DO remember it!  I wasn't scared to graduate from HS, I was ready!  Yeah, I was sad about all my friends splitting up & going out separate ways, but I was ready for new beginnings!

I had no reason to cry yesterday as pictures from each of the Seniors childhoods were flashed upon the screen.  But I did.  I did because one year from now that will be Garrett.  I'll be a wreck.  He's not even my son, he's my brother.  He is always supposed to be "little" and I guess I'm realizing he's not any more.

One year from now Ryder will be 18 months old.  WHAT?  Yeah, freakin' scary!  HA!  We haven't even celebrated his 1st Birthday yet, and a year from now I'll be planning his 2nd!  (Well, maybe not YET, but it will be RIGHT around the corner!)

You can already tell that Ryder looks up to his Uncle G so so so much!  If Garrett is in the room, Ryder is staring at him, watching and studying his every move.  I told Garrett the other day that in a few years Garrett & his friends will be leaving to go fishing or something and Ryder will be left crying at the door because he wants to go with them.

I hope they can do all the fun things boys do together, and I hope G can teach him all about fishing, and hunting and four-wheelers & everything else BOY.  That's what Uncle G is supposed to be there for!

I guess I'll just try to soak up this next year where Garrett is still "little" & then I don't know what I'll do.  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!