.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Monday, May 10, 2010

end of our week...& MOTHER'S DAY!

On Thursday I made taco soup, mexican cornbread & cookies for some friends of mine who just had a beautiful baby girl!  Her name is Ainsley Ryann after the place of where her parent's got married!  =)  HOW SWEET!  She was born a week April 28th, but didn't come home for five days, so I we were letting them settle in and then headed out to see them and cook dinner for them!  She was so sweet & TINY!  I know every mom says it, but I do NOT remember Ryder being that LIGHT and tiny.  And he was even smaller than she was!

Me & baby Ainsley!

Luke entertained Ryder while I played (held) Ainsley.  Luke kept opening those singing birthday cards & Ryder just laughed and laughed EVERY time!

Friday I ventured out for round two of garage saling!  And I scored again...with this 7 dollar leap frog table!  Ryder was already trying to play with it before I could get it sanitized and cleaned up!  I was proud of my purchase!  He speaks english AND spanish too!  HaHa! 

"Look at all this fun new stuff!"

"Oh MY!"

Morgan came over early that afternoon to see lil man & we had such a good time catching up on everything & just talking!  She just got home from school the night before.  I look forward to cooking & watching Housewives this summer!  =)


This morning for Mother's Day we got up & went to church.  Ryder got me a B-E-A-Utiful white boyfriend watch (even with a few sparkles!)  He did such a great job at knowing what I wanted, and I was TOTALLY surprised!--He told me KeeKee helped him out a lil bit! :P--

We got mom a compost...it's what she wanted!...Glee DVD Season 1, Scrabble Slam, and Ryder got her a Turvis Tumbler-like Starbuck's cup & gift card!  She loved it all and seemed very happy!

We went to church & they told me in the nursery that Ryder is just so active!  I was proud of him & thinking "oh no!" at the same time!  Ha!

We headed to Nana's afterwards for a good time as always with the fam!


Ryder w/ Pops!

My sweet lil Punkin'!

I failed to get pictures of us in our church clothes, but oh well!?


I love my lil man!

Punkin' with his Great Grandma-Nana!  

I am so blessed to be a mother.  It is what I have always dreamed to be when I "grow up".  Even though I don't consider myself "grown up"...I've had to grow up alot faster than most and I got to do what I've always wanted to do, just a little sooner than planned.  I wouldn't take any of it back, because this little man is the light of my world.  Not one day goes by without him making me laugh or smile.  I don't think I'll ever be able to thank God enough for such a beautiful, happy, content, healthy lil boy.  I couldn't ask for anything more.

I think about all the woman out there who have been trying to have a baby for SO long, and are having no such luck and have just about given up all their hope.

...And here I am a mom who wasn't even trying to get pregnant and did.  Why was I able to create a baby when those woman can't?   My heart goes out to those woman and I can't imagine what it's like to WANT a baby so bad, but not be able to have one.

Once again, I am so thankful for my lil man, and to be able to celebrate with him today.  I hope in the years to come I am the best mom that I can be and he will be proud of the way I have raised him one day.  




Mom-

Thank you for being such a loving, caring, fun, understanding, & forgiving mom for all these years.  I will always remember the special things you did for us growing up, and hope to be half the mom to Ryder that you are to us.  Now that I'm a mom myself, I wish I would have cared when you wanted to teach me how to cook or sew, or arrange a flower arrangement etc...but I'm so thankful that your still around to teach me all those things!  And I finally can say that....."Okay mom, maybe you were right..."  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!