.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Friday, June 21, 2013

after sun hydration {body & hair}




I wanted to share with y'all some of my after sun skin and hair products!  After being out at the pool the other day for the first time all summer {for a couple of hours} I came home and could literally feel how dry my skin was, and let's not even talk about how nappy my hair is after a pool day!

I started using these products over the past few years, and I've grown to love them even more during the summer months!  If we're going to spend our summer days out under the sun, it's important we replenish our hair and skin after the fact!

Let's get started, shall we!?

1. Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Lotion-I've blogged about this stuff before and I've used it since high school, but I just LOVE it!  I apply this yummy goodness right when I get home from the pool.  I know it's good for my skin and for some reason I feel like the sooner I put it on the longer my tan will last!  Ha!  ;)  The lime coolada scent also keeps me coming back for more!  ;)

2. Organix Morrocan Dry Body Oil-Mom and I picked this up a while back and Ulta and I am seriously in love!  I use it in the shower and love the way it makes my skin feel {and the smell is fabulous as well}!  I love it even more after I've been out in the sun all day.  It's a dry oil so it's not all sticky and gross like baby oil etc.  I also feel like it keeps the moisture in my skin longer than the lotion does. 

3. Herbal essences Hello Hydration-I usually change up my conditioner every time I run out...but this stuff is gonna be around all summer!  I buy it in the big pump bottle because I go through it so fast.  I use 4-5 pumps per wash {and sometimes more in the summer}...  You know how you can barely run your fingers through your hair right after the pool--?  Well this stuff can change that, and that's why I seriously love it!  Conditioner makes the world of difference on my hair!

And...don't forget some chapstick on those crusty lips either! Anything is better than none!  ;)

Happy First Day of Summer!  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!