.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fun filled summer day!

My cousin Karleigh came to stay with us for a few days and today was our first full day & we had lots of fun plans!  R just adores her and I am afraid he has worn her out!  They played every game in his closet and had gotten out all of his toys within the first two hours she had been here!  Ha!

I kept R home from school so we could have some FUN!  This morning we had waffles, cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs (that Ryder gathered for me earlier this week at Mimi's), and yummy fruit for breakfast!  I don't know what R is doing in this pic though!  Then we all got ready and were out the door!
Ryder is apart of the the Kids Bowl Free program at our bowling alley--so why not go bowling?  I just wanted to document my first bowl (bottom K) was a STRIKE!--Thank you VERY much!  ;)  Just kidding...I'm really not that good but hey! ;)
Well...at least Karleigh looks cute!  =)  R being crazy again!
R got brave and wanted to bowl without the helper stand...he wasn't bad!  (the ball is on the other side of him, you just can't see it...)

We went to Chick for lunch of course!  Then we came home to rest for about an hour...and then it was time to hit up the pool!  Only R's favorite thing to do!
I gave him a dollar and told him they could get a snack...and this is what he came back with!  I don't know about y'all, but we don't just eat candy like that around here...so he was in HEAVEN!  I will admit those things are goood...so, we might have shared the pack!  ;)
As we were leaving the pool he went up to the snack bar to get more and the lady was getting it for him, I was like NO SIR!  Crazy kid!  :P
I've seen multiple people talk about this book in the blog world or on twitter over the passed year or so and always knew I wanted to read it, but never bought it because I have too many books at my house that I need to finish reading, or even start to read, so I never bought it...UNTIL--I found it at a flea market yesterday for $2.50.  I knew I was supposed to have it!
R & I painted pots last week and then planted some Zinnas on Monday & they are already growing!  My first thing to every plant from a seed I think!  I just hope they actually bloom!

We made it home from the pool and all showered up and rested a bit before dinner time.  R wanted cinnamon rolls--so what do you think he got!?  Ha!  He made Karleigh eat in his tent with him like this--I'm so glad she doesn't mind!  :P  She has 3 little brothers, so she's used to it thank goodness!  
We played some Candy Land...and R won of course!  Some how...he always does!  :P
Then we went out for our first snow cone of the season!  We are more ice cream people or pineapple whip...which is why we haven't been to get snow cones yet!  & I'm glad this stand upped their business since last year because they used to not have Silver Fox (to go with my Tiger's Blood...if you haven't tried it together YOU BETTER--your missing OUT!) so I never went back...but they have it now after I complained!  :P
Doesn't Karleigh have the perfect little top knot!  ;)
Watching YouTube videos--R sure does love her!  =)

{Side-notes:}
I made this little gadget after seeing it on Pinterest and I love how it turned out!  I used to have three different buckets/mugs for all my pens, Sharpies, and highlighters and now I can have them all together!  I spray painted the box gold before I had all the TP rolls in there...and I wish I would have assembled it first and then spray painted it..but still works GREAT for what I need!
I happened to look back at one of my journals last night and one year ago today was when I joined the She Reads Truth community and I have been so thankful for it every day since that day!  I haven't looked back since last June and I have learned more than I ever though I could {semi} on my "own"--meaning by not going to a class, etc. and just digging into the word with these ladies!

My coffee cup from the very first picture in this post reads "He makes all things new" and since buying that mug and being involved with She Reads Truth, I have claimed that as my "life verse" and I am so thankful for God's grace and forgiveness over the years, and every day in my life!  I drink my coffee out of it every day as a reminder of where I have come from, where I am, and where I am headed...and that no situation is too complicated for our God!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!