.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Monday, June 25, 2012

Ryder's first trip to the farm!

So last week about mid-week Poppy decided he wanted to take a trip down to the farm & to take R with him--& me of course...the photog!  ;)  So we got our bags packed & the outdoorsiest gear we have & loaded up the truck & headed down to the delta! =)
R fell asleep RIGHT before Poppy came & picked us up...

We stopped in the Shug for some ice cream & to see our fabulous friend Pooh & her parents!  Ryder was SO hyped up the whole time we were with them...but we all had a good visit!  =)
& after a trip to WM for some food & goodies...we still had an hour or so to go from there & Punkin' did great playing on the iPad...



We finally made it there & someone just made themselves at home of course!  I hadn't been in 10 years or so...& nothing really had changed!  Ha!  Dad was so glad to be there...he hadn't been since February because of his knee injury in March.
An old pic of Uncle G we found in a scrapbook...

We finally got to bed around midnight & slept in the next morning, then got up & got around & headed to the Wild Goose for some crickets, and some yummy lunch!


Then Poppy took us on an adventure all over the place...& showed us a lot of cool places.




He asked me to take his picture & posed like that...ha!
We finally came home & all crashed for a little cat nap on the couch...& then it was finally time to go FITCHIN'!
Throwing his "practice reel"...I thought this was a great idea!

First catch of the day...who is more excited?!?!
He wasn't a fan of actually holding the fish!  Ha!

Yes, we fish in beach chairs...don't hate!  :P


 My favorite pic of the weekend! =)
& don't laugh...but all I wanted to do was see the alligator in the pond & I GOT TO!  I was so happy...Poppy spotted him the first time & then I kept an eye out for him the rest of the time.  These pics aren't the best, but he's out there.  It's not the larger thing you see on the right hand side of the pic...but just a ways up from the middle of the picture...just a little dash--that's his head!
& there he is again...the top dash, not the bottom--making his way along the pond!  AHH!!

We made it home after fishing, showered up, fixed some dinner & then I painted my finger & toe nails & we all just hung out!  We had a good ole time & I'm glad I got to experience R's first trip with him!  There will be many, many more trips to this wonderful place for my little man in the future as he grows up & I am so thankful for that!--Thankful for his Poppy, his Uncle & this wonderful place that they can all call "home" during hunting season.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!