.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

  • We had a good weekend!  Friday night we watched the last WS game & I let Punkin' stay up way too late!  Morgan & MacKenzie came over & hung out with us & we had a lot of fun!  I was sad to see the Rangers lose two years in a row (it just breaks my heart FOR them) but also cool to watch the Cardinals win their 11th WS Championship in 2011!  & that David Freese can call me if he ever gets bored!  ;)
  • Saturday me & sweet boy got up & went & got Shipley donuts & headed out the park!  I always said I would never be that mom that took their child out in public in jeans tucked into their cowboy boots & a bright hunter orange Cabela's hoodie RIIIIIGHT?  Yeah...well I am now that mom & I really don't even care!  Because it's what makes my lil man happy & it was just Shipley donuts & the park!  ;)


Chowin' on some donut holes while sayin' "cheese!"




I made him stand there & be still so I could take a pic of his outfit to sent to Pop Pops who we were texting while he was sittin' in the deer stand!








  • I do some random chores around the house Saturday afternoon & then took Ryder out to his Mimi's for the night! He loves going out there so much & it makes it so easy to let him go out there & give me a lil break!
  • Saturday night was the UCA Homecoming game & one of my favorites was on Court for the second year in a ROW!  Abbey was Maid of Honor last year & we were just so proud of her to make Court again this year!  Kelly & I bundled up for the first time this season & headed out to watch her at half time!  We actually got to see her as she was walking into the field to get announced!  






Abbey with her dad!


We ran into Kyle & Brooks outside the gate & had Kyle take this picture of us! 
  • After the game I went & grabbed drinks with Morgan & one of her clients from work at Old Chicago & seriously came home by 10:30 & was in bed by 11 & it felt SO good!  
  • A few randoms about R I want to remember.  A few weeks ago we went into the autitorium after church when everyone was gone & he said "Ryder play the drums".  He was saying this because of the drum set on stage.  Then he kept saying "high hat, high hat hight hat" over & over...he speaks very clear so I knew what he was saying, I just didn't know what he meant or what he was talking about & I felt terrible about it!  A few of the musicians were leaving & stopped to talk to us & he kept repeating it, "high hat, high hat" & one asked if he was saying "high hat" & I was like yes, but I just really don't know what he's talking about or where he got those random words.  The musician then told me that it was one of the parts of the drums.  I about DIED!  & sure enough, on Yo Gabba Gabba, they teach all the different parts of a drum set & he had just remembered it & pointed it out when he saw the big set at church!  He seriously amazes me EVERY day!
  • He started singing Itsy Bitsy spider tonight.  I've never said that with him before--we kept saying it together over & over.  I was reading a nursery rhyme book to him tonight & it happened to be the very last one in the book, so I started doing the motions & he knew how to do them as well!  I was like WHAATT?  Well, come to find out KeeKee has been teaching it to him & I didn't know about it!  :P
  • I just seriously love this age so much.  He is learning 5-10 new words a day.  No joke.  & it amazes me that he actually understands what words means & uses them later appropriately.  Just like that he knew scissors are "dangerous" as well as fire & knifes.  I say things to him ONE time & he will remember it for good.  & I love that HE is teaching ME things!!--what a high hat is for example!
  • I can't even believe that tomorrow is November!  Where has time gone?  We were just waiting for Memorial Day for the pool to open in May, & I was just planning his birthday party at the beginning of September!  Thanksgiving is right around the corner & Christmas Break will here before we know it!  WAHOO!  & I'll be one semester closer to GRAD-U-ATING!!!
  • Me & Ryder are getting our picture professionally made for the first time on Friday & I'm really excited!  I have a chocolate brown fur vest I want to wear, but what would y'all suggest I wear under it? (cough cough Amy Lynn! ;))  I have some sweaters I might wear instead, but it kinda stresses me out thinking about picking out the "perfect" outfits for us to wear!  :/
  • My computer is once again out of space for pictures...so I'll be blogging phone pics for a while, or running to my moms to blog when I can!  But hopefully I'll get Trick or Treating pics up tomorrow!  We had a complete blast tonight, but this Mama is seriously WORN OUT!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!