.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Activity Advent




I created these fun little advent pocket holders two years ago...seriously.  I had never used them, but was definitely ready to this year.  R is finally old enough to have fun and get excited about doing fun stuff!  So, I sat down and looked out our calendar, and then planned out from there what we would do each night.

 I found the little brown bags at Hobby Lobby, & the white paper comes with them as well, and I just added the Christmas paper & numbers to the front (I can't find where the numbers are from, because it was two years ago...but if you find them, let me know!  ;))  (HERE are some similar...)
Here is a list of what our activities look like if you want to do a few of them yourself!  ;)  It's not a full list of 25 because we will be gone a few nights and won't be able to do stuff...but do what you can & make it fun & memorable!
  • North Pole Breakfast
  • Make hot chocolate & look at old Christmas cards on the blessing ring
  • Color Christmas themed picture print outs
  • Write a letter to Santa
  • Go to Bethlehem Revisited at church
  • Go see Santa
  • Make a Gingerbread House
  • Take toys to a Toys for Tot drop off
  • Get Starbucks and drive around and look at Christmas lights
  • Go to KeeKee's & make sugar cookies
  • Make snowflakes
  • Snuggle Bug Christmas party
  • Tell the Christmas story using figurines
  • Go shopping for KeeKee with Poppy & Uncle G
  • Make puppy chow & go look at lights
  • Make birthday cupcakes
  • Delivery birthday cupcakes to friends around town
  • Make reindeer food
  • Go to Nana & Papaw's/Stay at KeeKee & Poppy's/open Christmas Eve PJs
  • Celebrate Jesus' Birthday with family
What are some fun activities that you and your family do the month of Christmas?!

PS-I finally made a FB page for my blog!  Go "like" it if you will...I'll try & post updates on there as well instead of just Twitter!  You can search for "along for the ryde" or just click HERE!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!