.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What was I thinking...I wasn't!

I keep changing from pink to blue b/c we don't know if it's a boy of girl yet!

But I just got out of the shower, and while I was in there, I was like..."Oh my gosh, I just updated my blog, and didn't even put ANY information a/b my Dr.'s visit!" Wasn't that like kinda the whole point? HA!

...& on that note...WARNING!! I don't plan on holding ANYTHING back on here. I'm gonna tell it like it is..so I guess, be prepared!

After being called back by the nurse, I had to pee in a cup, but there were strict instructions...it was called "mid-stream" for a reason. After "cleaning" myself with three lil toweletts they provided for me, I had to start by peeing in the toilet, catching some of it in the cup, and then finishing in the toilet. Kinda weird, I know.

After that, I was taken to a lil nurses station/nook as I like to call it. She asked me a few more questions, and was so so sweet. She took my weight and height, & from my weight over the last few years, I still haven't really gained anything. Even though last night for the first time, I actually felt like I had a little something to grab on my stomach area, not much...but somethings there alright. She said I was 11 weeks and 1 day, and from the looks of things now, my due date is Aug. 30th. She took me back into the exam room & showed me how to put the gown on & put the lil paper/towel thing over the bottom of me. She said, "everything off," so I took EVERYTHING off! HA!

Dr. Singleton came in there very quickly, and I started to like him from the beginning! He just asked me a few questions and we went over a few things. I'll be going in every 4 weeks till thirty weeks, and then I'll go in every 2 weeks until 36 weeks I do believe, and then I'll be going in every week! He slapped some gel on the lil ultrasound stick (not w/ a monitor, just a lil speaker) & rolled it a/r on my lower belly...and on the far/middle left I got to hear the HEARTBEAT! He just smiled @ me, and of course I smiled back! He said, "Yup...there's definitely something in there!" Ha! Then he rolled a/r some more to check and make sure there weren't two in there. I didn't know what I was going to do if I heard another heartbeat in a different spot! AHHHHHHH!!!!! After that the fun began. His nurse came in, and I got the whole yearly-exam thing. Breast and all. He said everything looked good and he was impressed. He then checked the size of my uterus to see if I could deliver 10 lb. babies, and he said it was a good size as well.

After that I went to the Lab to have to blood work done, and I told them I needed to lay down for that, cause I get a lil queazy, and I'm sure it will be even worse now! The lady was so sweet, and just loved my veins...they both looked good to her, she couldn't decide which one was better! I won't have to have any more blood taken till a/b 24 weeks I think, to check for gestational-diabetes.

I guess that wraps everything up! I'm am scheduled for my next appt. on Tuesday March 3rd! So...we'll see how big I get before then!

I'm really sorry I don't have any cool pics. I honestly don't think about it until I get on here to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!