.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

central landing & lewis shopping center [what's to come]


Locals--if you've been around long, you've probably heard about the new and exciting things they are about to go down at the old airport!  But in case you've been living under a rock, let me fill you in! 

I had the pleasure to attend a "Sneak Peek" of what's to come for Central Landing and the Lewis Shopping Center last night with a bunch of other excited people!  

Brad Lacy started off by stating that this is an "exciting time" for us and our city, and I couldn't agree more!  I've watched so many things come to our city to help us grow and expand in my 21-ish years here including a second Wal-Mart, our first AND second Chick-Fil-A, and Target...just to name a few of my favorites! ;)  But things are in the works for us to take things to a whole other level!

The city has built a new airport that is set to open in September...so what to do with the old airport that's located right on the interstate and in the heart of the city!?  Add major national retailers to "keep the money in our city" and prevent the "leakage" of money to other cities that is happening now!  Sounds like a GREAT solution huh?!

Over the years, I've noticed that my family has started to make fewer and fewer trips to the "big city" for things we need.  We can either find everything we need here, or we would rather order it online and have it at our house in two days than have to make the drive.  

I recall a time when my friends and I would even drive 30 minutes to go to a decent place to eat, but luckily we don't have to do that any more!  Now, we have fantastic restaurants options right here to chose from, which has been so nice!  

Dad has always said, "If we'll get a Dillard's here, then I won't ever have to go to the 'big city'" and he's finally getting that wish!

The only retail store that was actually said out loud last night was Dillard's...and that it was officially signed!  More information about Dillard's officially joining the Central Landing development HERE, from the Wall Street Journal.   That is just too exciting for my town of 60,000!

No other stores were verbally mentioned last night, but Jim Wilson and crew said they were in the process of talking to the stores like the ones located in Rogers, AR if that gives you any hints! ;) See that list HERE.  You can also see a visual plan HERE.  

The other exciting thing about this development is that the plan is to eventually to provide housing to single family homes, more nationally known restaurants, work environments and eventually and maybe even a school.  I've even seen mentions of a hotel and bowling alley!  

Our town, located within a county that's been nationally recognitioned as one of "America's fastest growing counties for population and job growth" makes us the perfect candidate for the type of economic opportunity...and as I quoted before, "This is an exciting time!" 

I haven't even mentioned the Lewis Shopping Center yet!  It will be where the old "sale barn" used to be and will include Sam's Club!  I've never been a Sam's Club member...but I plan to be in the near future! Sam's has been wanting to come here for a while, so they are happy to have found the perfect location!

All of this is going to take "time and money"...which is why it's important that you get out and VOTE!




To "keep your money in your city"...make sure you get out and VOTE for "ROADS, REVENUE and RETAIL" on September 9th!  (Early voting starts September 2nd!)  If you are as excited about this opportunity as I am for my/our city, then please PLEASE make sure you get out and vote!!

This has to be a community lead effort...just like so many other major projects in our town!  It is our opportunity to decide "who we are going to be in the future and to capture the money in our city"!  Get out there and get "excited to invest"!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!