.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Weekend Reads--for YOU!

One of my favorite blogs written by Erin at BlueEyedBride, started sharing "Weekly Reads" with her readers of some of her favorite reads from through out the week!  I love reading inspirational posts, and finding new blogs to fall in love with {not like I need any more to read}.  So...thank you for sharing with us Erin!  I have been wanting to do the same for a few weeks now, but haven't ever gotten around to it.  I found so many great posts this week I just had to share!  Hope you ENJOY!  =)

The Northeast Girl-"A Deployment Reunion"

Maureen is a fashionista and always posts the cutest outfits ideas!  I wish it wasn't so dang hot here and I would love to try and pull of her some of her outfits!  :P  She is a military wife and shared a video of her husband's return from the past, on this Memorial Day weekend.  It is a must watch, and get your tissues ready.  Her sweet daughter's face when she saw her daddy was worth a thousand words.  Thanks for sharing Maureen and thank you for reminding us what this 3 day weekend is really all about!

House of Rose-"Prepare Your Kids For A Storm-What To Do In The Even Of A Tornado"

Mandy wrote a GREAT post on getting an emergency kit put together and having before the storm hits.  I am so guilty of thinking "Oh, I won't happen to me or my family..."  But it does people!  The disaster this past week in Moore, OK was a huge reminder and eye opener for me and I have already started gathering supplies to create an emergency preparedness kit similar to Mandy's.  Thank you for sharing this Mandy and reminding us of the importance of being prepared!

The Glamorous Life of a Housewife-"Disney Extravaganza-The Art of Animation Resort"

Whitney has been sharing about their recent vacation to Disney the past week or so and I have been trying to soak it all up!  I can't wait for the day I can take my little man--I am taking notes now from where ever I can find them so that we'll be ready!  I had never heard of the Art of Animation Resort until she wrote this post, and I am seriously amazed by all the creativity Disney has to offer and hope we can stay there one day.  She is full of Disney information and if you are planning a trip any time soon...you must read all of her posts on the topic.  She has a post on each day they are there, and I'm sure they will continue throughout this week as well.  Check them out for sure!  {This was one of Erin's picks of the week as well, and I already had it booked marked to post about too...so obviously it's a pretty good post and worth reading! ;) }

Our Life as Newlyweds-"Project Nursery: Karis Elaine's Grey & Yellow Nursery"

I can't get over the cuteness of this sweet baby girl's nursery!  Emilie is so creative and did a great job with pulling everything together and making it all work together!  I went to OBU with Emilie and her husband Ryan, and they are now parents to my mom's old dog Brett, but they actually renamed him Ryder!  ;)  How funny is that!  :P  Baby Karis will be here in just a few weeks!  Thanks for sharing her sweet room with us Emilie!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Kati!!! I'm so glad you found my blog through Erin!!! Ava was probably the happiest she has ever been when Curt came home that day and clearly you can see it in her eyes. She loves him so much! Thank you so much, again, for the kind words here! I so greatly appreciate it!!!!! -Maureen :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!