.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Enchilada Lasagna

I found this recipe the other day online & just KNEW I had to try it out!  I was very impressed with the results & will have to fix it again very soon!

Ingredients:  

6 tortillas

3-4 boneless, skinless ckn. breasts, cooked & shredded

1 tsp. cumin

pinch of cayenne pepper

1 can black beans

1 can of corn

1/2 bag of frozen onions & pepper mixture

1 tbsp. olive oil

2 10 oz. can enchilada sauce (I used red)

2 cups shredded cheese

For filling:  Heat skillet on medium heat & add olive oil, onions & peppers.  Saute until soft, about 5-6 minutes.  
Add chicken (I just shredded cooked breasts), cumin & cayenne
Add 1 can enchilada sauce, black beans & corn; 1 cup of cheese.  Stir until warm & combined.
Spray a baking dish (9x13) with non-stick spray & layer two tortillas on the bottom.  Top with filling to cover.
Cover with another layer of 2 tortillas...
& one more filling to cover & one more layer of tortillas.

Top with remaining cup of cheese & drizzle the other can of enchilada sauce of top.
Bake for 25-30 minutes @ 375.

Would be good served with mexican rice & topped with sour cream!

TA-DAH!  I hope some of you try it and like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!