.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Monday, October 20, 2014

monday thoughts

Sunday night.

As I prepare to go to bed, I am feeling extremely blessed tonight.  Sundays seem to fill me with such joyfulness and goodness as if they are a "fresh start" to each week.  Going to bed on Sunday nights, I know that tomorrow starts the beginning of a new work week.  I don't know about you, but each Monday I feel like it's my chance to "start over" and to "do better" than I did the week before.

So many people moan and groan about it being "Monday" but I'm choosing to look at it as a good thing, and I challenge you to do the same. 

Throughout the work week, so many times I look at the pile of clean laundry waiting to be folded, and say to myself, "Oh, I don't have to do that tonight, I'll get that done this weekend."  But then when the weekend rolls around...doing laundry is the last thing I want to be doing on my one day of the week I get to spend the entire day at home with Ryder, doing whatever we please.

Every evening after we get home from work and school...all I want to do is crash and spend time with R.  But there is laundry to do, homework to tend to, papers to grade, and more lessons to plan...not to mention making dinner, trying to "play" Legos with Ryder even though I completely suck at it and have no imagination like he does, what so ever.

Once again, I tell myself...those things that can wait.  And...there we go again--they are always getting pushed back to the weekend

This week I am going to make a point to get those things done done, before the weekend...so that come Saturday I have no unwanted "weight" on my shoulders, or house hold "to do lists" in the back of my head that I know I need to tend to, if they're ever going to get done.

Whether this means getting up earlier, or staying up later, I'm going to get more done with the time I'm given throughout the day.

We all have 24 hours in our day.  I just want to chose to use the time I'm given more wisely.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this. The struggle between doing lots at night during the week to really have the weekend "off" or enjoying my week nights and getting stuff done on the weekeds. My weekends have been busy, so I've been having to do more during the week...but that feels exhausting sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!