.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rhea Lana's

Are you familiar with Rhea Lana's?!  If not, you're in for a treat today!  I'm going to tell you a little bit about the nation's premier children's consignment event & how YOU can make a little {or ALOT} of extra money for you & your family, as well as getting rid of all your children's clothes that don't fit any more, & all those toys they have seem to have out grown!

Rhea Lana's makes its way to my town, 2 times a year.  Once for Spring/Summer stuff & once for Fall/Winter.  Each time when it's ready for the season & Ryder's wardrobe to change, I get a rubbermaid tub & fill it up with all of Ryder's clothes that don't fit him any more & am willing to get rid of.  I keep it in his closet, just in case I find more items that no longer fit as the months go on.

When Rhea Lana's rolls around, all I have to do it go get that tub out & get things started on the consignment process!
  • I start by washing all the clothes before hanging them up on hangers, as well as ironing them if need be.  {The nicer the items look, the more likely they are to sell!}
  • You must hang all of your clothing items on plastic hangers with the hook facing the LEFT hand side {looking like a ? mark} if you are facing the article of clothing.  


  • You must then place your white tags {available on Amazon if you can't find them locally} on the left hand shoulder of your item of clothing (right hand shoulder if you are LOOKING at the article) with a small safety pin.  
  • I prefer to place all the safety pins on the tags first (while I'm watching TV or something) & then it is much easier to just place them on my clothing once I have them all on hangers.
  • It is then very important to put your clothing in order according to size & gender.  This will makes things much easier & less time consuming on you in the long run & will allow your check in time at the event go MUCH smoother!
  • Once they are in order by size & gender, you can then begin numbering the items on each tag, just to ensure you keep them in order between the time of entering them on the computer & the time you take them to the sale.  {Some people do this WHILE they are entering their items in the computer...whatever your preference may be.}
  • Once you've done this, you can sign up online to get your consignor number & then get started on entering all your items & their prices.  

{Here's a screen shot of what it looks like where you enter all of your items}.
  • Here is a great blog post on how to package & prepare all your used toys.  I have always sold 100% of the toys I have placed in the sale, which is always nice to free up some extra space at home!
  • Once you have completed entering all of your items into the data base, you must print an inventory sheet.  You will take this with you to the sale when it's time to drop off your items.  
  • Once it's time to drop off your items at the sale, they will have your price labels printed out for you & you can place those on all your tags before you leave.  {This is why it is SO important to bring your items in numerical order!}  Rhea Lana workers are always one of a kind!  They are always so sweet & willing to help & always so sweet to answer all your questions--especially if you're a first timer!
  • Pick up day comes at the end of the sale when the event is over.  If you want the items that did not sale, back...you must go pick them up yourself or they will be donated!  This is also when you can pick up your check!  WAHOO!


I won't say that it's not a lot of work, but the reward of the outcome is SOOOO worth it!  I always make enough money {or MORE} to buy Ryder's upcoming seasonal wardrobe, & that is SUCH a blessing!  This is my third time to consign with Rhea Lana's & I plan on continuing to consign with them until I don't have anything else to sell! =)

I am also a Rhea Lana shopper!  I have found some GREAT deals on clothes for Ryder at these events & can't wait to see what goodies I can find this time!

As a consigner, you also get a chance to shop early!  & if you are willing to volunteer or bring food & drink for the volunteers, you get a chance to shop even EARLIER!--Something to think about!  =)

Here are a few outfits I've previously purchased at Rhea Lana events!
 {Chaps button down-$4}
 {Gap sweater-$4}
{Ralph Lauren swimming trunks-$6}

If your ready to get started today...click HERE, chose your state & your area & sign up to consign today!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great post about Rhea Lana's! I just absolutely adore her consignment sales! They have been such a blessing to my family, just as your post shows that they have been to your family as well!
    I wish you well this consignment season!

    And your little boy is just precious!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kati! How funny I read this post via Rhea Lana...only later to figure out it was you and Ryder once I saw the pictures! Great post! I heart Rhea Lana too! In fact, I will be working on it today!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!