.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

monograms

I've had a Silhouette for 5 years or so...I remember saving up my money so I could get it for myself!  It had so many possibilities and I wanted to do so many different things with it, but once I got it, I was too scared (or lazy) to try any of them out.  I cut some stuff for Ryder's birthday parties here and there, and made a couple of banners, and book marks, but nothing crazy.

I had gotten some vinyl with my starter kit, and had created a few things, but then I guess never thought about it again...because all I could remember was "it was too hard, and too complicated and not worth the time it took to do it". 
A local Etsy shop owner who happened to be my 9th grade math teacher, posted some polka dot cups with a gold monogram on FB and she only had four...and I snagged one up for an amazing deal of $7.00.  When I got it, my mom was like, "Oh, did you make that?"  I told her no I bought it...and she said, "Kati Renee, you shouldn't be paying for that, you have a Silhouette, you should be making them!"  I realized she was right.  It was time for me to put my big girl panties on, and give the whole "vinyl" thing a try again!  I ordered some vinyl online, and bought up as many cups as I could in preparation for Christmas gifts.  

I quickly learned it is WAY easier than I was making it...and I've been on a roll lately! ;)


Dad was going to put his initials on his YETI with a sharpie (like he does everything that he takes to the farm, so it doesn't get mixed up with someone else's)....understandable.  But a SHARPIE--on a YETI?  No sir, I was NOT gonna let that happen!  So I ordered him some black vinyl, and printed him and my brother their initials to tat up their coolers!  So...monograms aren't JUST for girls after all huh!? ;)
This little circle monogram fit perfect on mom's new phone case...
Target dollar spot notebook turned into fabulous-ness!
I added a little pretty to my Chromebook as well!  Love how it turned out!  I'm really digging the circle monogram, rather than the fancy curly-ques!  Much easy to cut and place as well!

All of this to say...if you have a Silhouette or Cricut machine--do NOT be afraid of it!  You bought it for a reason--USE it!  You will be so glad you did!  My last minute gift options are endless now and I am so thankful!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!