- We had a good weekend! Friday night we watched the last WS game & I let Punkin' stay up way too late! Morgan & MacKenzie came over & hung out with us & we had a lot of fun! I was sad to see the Rangers lose two years in a row (it just breaks my heart FOR them) but also cool to watch the Cardinals win their 11th WS Championship in 2011! & that David Freese can call me if he ever gets bored! ;)
- Saturday me & sweet boy got up & went & got Shipley donuts & headed out the park! I always said I would never be that mom that took their child out in public in jeans tucked into their cowboy boots & a bright hunter orange Cabela's hoodie RIIIIIGHT? Yeah...well I am now that mom & I really don't even care! Because it's what makes my lil man happy & it was just Shipley donuts & the park! ;)
Chowin' on some donut holes while sayin' "cheese!"
I made him stand there & be still so I could take a pic of his outfit to sent to Pop Pops who we were texting while he was sittin' in the deer stand!
- I do some random chores around the house Saturday afternoon & then took Ryder out to his Mimi's for the night! He loves going out there so much & it makes it so easy to let him go out there & give me a lil break!
- Saturday night was the UCA Homecoming game & one of my favorites was on Court for the second year in a ROW! Abbey was Maid of Honor last year & we were just so proud of her to make Court again this year! Kelly & I bundled up for the first time this season & headed out to watch her at half time! We actually got to see her as she was walking into the field to get announced!
Abbey with her dad!
- After the game I went & grabbed drinks with Morgan & one of her clients from work at Old Chicago & seriously came home by 10:30 & was in bed by 11 & it felt SO good!
- A few randoms about R I want to remember. A few weeks ago we went into the autitorium after church when everyone was gone & he said "Ryder play the drums". He was saying this because of the drum set on stage. Then he kept saying "high hat, high hat hight hat" over & over...he speaks very clear so I knew what he was saying, I just didn't know what he meant or what he was talking about & I felt terrible about it! A few of the musicians were leaving & stopped to talk to us & he kept repeating it, "high hat, high hat" & one asked if he was saying "high hat" & I was like yes, but I just really don't know what he's talking about or where he got those random words. The musician then told me that it was one of the parts of the drums. I about DIED! & sure enough, on Yo Gabba Gabba, they teach all the different parts of a drum set & he had just remembered it & pointed it out when he saw the big set at church! He seriously amazes me EVERY day!
- He started singing Itsy Bitsy spider tonight. I've never said that with him before--we kept saying it together over & over. I was reading a nursery rhyme book to him tonight & it happened to be the very last one in the book, so I started doing the motions & he knew how to do them as well! I was like WHAATT? Well, come to find out KeeKee has been teaching it to him & I didn't know about it! :P
- I just seriously love this age so much. He is learning 5-10 new words a day. No joke. & it amazes me that he actually understands what words means & uses them later appropriately. Just like that he knew scissors are "dangerous" as well as fire & knifes. I say things to him ONE time & he will remember it for good. & I love that HE is teaching ME things!!--what a high hat is for example!
- I can't even believe that tomorrow is November! Where has time gone? We were just waiting for Memorial Day for the pool to open in May, & I was just planning his birthday party at the beginning of September! Thanksgiving is right around the corner & Christmas Break will here before we know it! WAHOO! & I'll be one semester closer to GRAD-U-ATING!!!
- Me & Ryder are getting our picture professionally made for the first time on Friday & I'm really excited! I have a chocolate brown fur vest I want to wear, but what would y'all suggest I wear under it? (cough cough Amy Lynn! ;)) I have some sweaters I might wear instead, but it kinda stresses me out thinking about picking out the "perfect" outfits for us to wear! :/
- My computer is once again out of space for pictures...so I'll be blogging phone pics for a while, or running to my moms to blog when I can! But hopefully I'll get Trick or Treating pics up tomorrow! We had a complete blast tonight, but this Mama is seriously WORN OUT!